Education @ Lithuania Universities
Lithuanians are one of the ethnic groups in the Baltic region. While Lithuania has a population of about 2 944 459 people, there are at least another million living in other countries, with Lithuanians generally located in the USA, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, Russia, the United Kingdom and Ireland. The native language is Lithuanian, one of two living Baltic languages. An interesting fact about the language is that as far back as the beginning of the 19 th century people noticed that Lithuanian was very similar to Sanskrit. Linguists around the world are still fascinated that the Lithuanian language has retained features of this ancient language and it hasn't really simplified much.
The academic year starts in September and ends in mid-June and is divided into two semesters – spring and autumn. Students can opt to study full-time or part-time .
Each study programme is evaluated according to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), with each year of study being awarded 60 ECTS credits.
Why study in Lithuania?
- No IELTS required.
- No requirement of learning Lithuanian at the time of admission.
- High quality, modern and innovative studies, EU-wide recognized diplomas.
- Tuition fee is minimal and sponsored by tax-payers of Lithuanian Citizens.
- The students Graduated from Lithuanian Higher Education Institutions are widely approved across the world for their knowledge and skills.
- The population of Lithuania is one of the most Educated in the Europe and majority of the population speaks English.
- International Students are allowed to work part-time up to 20 hours per work
Lithuania at a Glance
Capital city: Vilnius
Lithuania is a north-eastern European country located by the Baltic Sea, at the crossroads of eastern and western trade routes
Lithuania is a dynamic member state of the European Union
Situated near the Baltic Sea in the crossroad between Western and Eastern Europe
80% of the total population lives in urban areas. The largest city is its capital Vilnius, followed by Kaunas
The currency is Euros which is equivalent to about 70 Indian Rupees
- Vilnius University, Vilnius
- Aleksandras Stulginskis University, Akademija
- SMK University of Applied Social Sciences, Vilnius